College Football 2007 – A Football Junkies Paradise – The Final Sagarin NCAA Football Ratings
There are some huge differences between the final AP Top 25 College Football Poll, and the Final Sagarin College Football Ratings.
For openers, here is the AP Top 25 Poll as voted by the nation’s sportswriters and sports broadcasters: 1 Louisiana State, 2 Georgia, 3 Southern California, 4 Missouri, 5 Ohio State, 6 West Virginia, 7 Kansas, 8 Oklahoma, 9 Virginia Tech, 10 Boston College and Texas (tie), 12 Tennessee, 13 Florida, 14 Brigham Young, 15 Auburn, 16 Arizona State, 17 Cincinnati, 18 Michigan, 19 Hawaii, 20 Illinois, 21 Clemson, 22 Texas Tech, 23 Oregon, 24 Wisconsin, and 25 Oregon State.
Here is the Sagarin Ratings: 1 Louisiana State, 2 Kansas, 3 West Virginia, 4 Southern California, 5 Oklahoma, 6 Missouri, 7 Georgia, 8 Oregon, 9 Virginia Tech, 10 Florida, 11 Ohio State, 12 Texas, 13 Auburn, 14 Arizona State, 15 Tennessee, 16 Oregon State, 17 Brigham Young, 18 Kentucky, 19 Cincinnati, 20 South Florida, 21 Michigan, 22 Clemson, 23 Boston College, 24 Texas Tech, and 25 Arkansas.
Comparing the Sagarin Ratings to the AP Poll, notice these differences:
1) Sagarin rates Kansas much higher (2nd rather than 7th), Oregon much higher (8th rather than 23rd), and Oregon State much higher (16th rather than 23rd).
2) Sagarin rates Georgia much lower (7th rather than 2nd), Ohio State much lower (11th rather than 5th) and Boston College much lower (23rd rather than 10th).
3) Sagarin has 3 teams in the top 25 that the AP Poll does not-Kentucky at 18, South Florida at 20 and Arkansas at 25. The AP Poll replaces these teams with Hawaii at 19, Illinois at 20 and Wisconsin at 24.
Which poll is more accurate? Well, the AP Poll is based on one’s opinion of a team, its record and the strength of its opponent. Sagarin is based on a mathematical formula involving statistics compiled by an MIT grad (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). You decide.
By studying the Sagarin ratings, here are some facts I have uncovered that could impress your friends, and win you some bets (or drinks) at your favorite pub:
1) The team that played the toughest schedule this year was UCLA. Th ufabet เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ e next 4 in order were Washington, Florida, Nebraska and Oregon.
2) The lowest rated 1A team with only 1 loss was Hawaii (12-1) at No. 35 among 119 1A teams.
3) The highest rated 1AA team with only 1 loss was Northern Iowa (12-1) at No. 62 among 242 1A and 1AA teams.
4) The highest rated 1AA team was Appalachian State (13-2) at No. 44.
5) The lowest rated 1AA team with at least 11 wins was Dayton (11-1) at No. 134.
6) The highest rated team that was winless this year was 1A Southern Utah (0-11) at No. 204.
7) The lowest rated team among all 242 1A and 1AA teams? That would be1AA La Salle (0-10) at No. 242. The lowest BCS Standing of No. 242 also belonged to La Salle, which just missed a “hat trick” by playing the 241st weakest schedule.